• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Available updates not showing.

So basically this is the second time this happened but I REALLY want to understand why it happens. When I format my phone, I choose not to have my phone automatically reinstall all the apps I had before. I have 2 accounts that I use in my phone. My gmail, which is my primary email, and a hotmail which is for my youtube account.

When I go to the play store after a fresh "install", obviously all the apps aren't up to date. The problem is certain apps that ARE NOT up to date do not show in the list of apps to update.

So in simple terms, in the list of apps to update, Google Chrome is there. But if I type in Google Play Books, it says there's an update for it, but it's not in the list of apps to update. Interestingly the apps that aren't showing to update are apps that I previously had disabled before I formatted my phone (Google Play Books being one of them) It should be noted that I enabled these apps and synced everything before formatting.

In the accounts section of Android settings I had everything synced before formatting my phone. Some people suggest deleting the cache of the Google Play Services which I've tried but didn't work. I get the feeling it has something to do with my gmail because this has happened twice already.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones