• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Avoided poor internet connection

Macroltd

Lurker
Feb 11, 2015
ASUS MeMO Pad 7HD Me173x, Android 4.2.2 . Have had for about a year now w/o any connection problems at all. Last week could not connect to a Wi-Fi that has worked every time. Droid Maxx in Wi-Fi mode had no problems. came home and would not connect to home network. Neither would Droid Maxx. uninstalled 'My Precious' locater app from both and and cloud print from Maxx, Maxx started working ok. Not MeMO. MeMO did not have cloud print. Knocked out DHCP and went static, connected no problem. did factory reset and clear data, DHCP worked fine. Restored from backup, problem back. What could be blocking DHCP? Also when trying to connect to network, after getting "avoided poor connection" , a 'default connection ' pops up and attempts to connect. if I tap on it to see what it is or to forget it, it comes back 'out of range.' and then disappears. Any help appreciated. Love the tablet.:D

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones