• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help b5512 randomly turning off

psychok7

Lurker
Jun 26, 2012
hi there, i have a new samsung galaxy y pro duos and after 1 month it started swithing off by itself. i have my programs installed in the SD card, i read somewhere that the bug was related to this with the galaxy ace and wifi. any idea on how i can fix this on my phone?

PS: it was very hot even turned off

Only way to revive the phone is to remove the battery.

psychok7: were you able to fix this?

I've had the phone for a few months, and recently it started randomly shutting itself off. Sometimes it's frozen (only way is to remove then put back the battery), other times it just needs to be turned on. Battery itself has plenty of charge, so I don't think this is a power issue. Very strange and very frustrating.

Problem is I bought it in India (I live Europe), and can't take it back to the retailer...

Upvote 0
psychok7: were you able to fix this?

I've had the phone for a few months, and recently it started randomly shutting itself off. Sometimes it's frozen (only way is to remove then put back the battery), other times it just needs to be turned on. Battery itself has plenty of charge, so I don't think this is a power issue. Very strange and very frustrating.

Problem is I bought it in India (I live Europe), and can't take it back to the retailer...

not entirely. the only solution i found it to put my phone on 2G. that way it doesn't overheat and it doesn't turn of (most of the times). nevertheless if its a hot / sunny day sometimes it turns off even in 2G, but its not that common. Whenever i need to use my internet in 3G e switch it on and then after i am done turn it off again.

My girlfriend has the same phone bought from the same place at the same time and she doesn't have that problem. but she also doesn't have all the apps installed like i do. so i don't know if its a software or hardware related bug. i could send it to the warranty but i guess i am just too lazy.

Upvote 0
I am having the same problem. my phone is a couple of months old and it started randomly shutting off. I suspect the battery. One moment I have 49% battery and then look again later then I have 80% The next time I check it its shut off.
My question is If this is a software problem that registering the battery as bad and adjusting accordingly or the battery is bad. I wish I could throw another battery in it to find out before I reset it. :thinking: Any help here would be good

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones