• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Backup contacts

AMR2017

Lurker
Apr 13, 2017
I have backed up my contacts to a .vcf file using the export function in the contacts app but it didn't back them all up. Some numbers are missing. I used vcfviewer-1.1 to view the contacts. I have synced my contacts under my google account but still some numbers are missing!
Why is it ignoring some of them?!?

edit: I exported them from my gmail account and it worked!

Last edited:
It seems that you lost data. make sure: 1. have exported all the contacts? check your backup.
2. where it happens , in your backup? or your phone?
I can suggest u a smart software EaseUS Data recovery software(windows) and EaseUS Mobisaver(for android)
You can thinks about it and choose the right software to recovery your lost data.

Upvote 0
Can you say from personal experience that it is capable of recovering contacts on a modern Android version, i.e. that you have used it successfully for that yourself? Not photos, which are stored differently, but contacts.

There are a lot of apps which make such claims (and people who repeat them) but few if any that actually work, so I don't trust any second-hand claims about these things.

Upvote 0
It may be that you had more than one type of contact (Google, phone, etc) and it only exported one type.

Well since Google owns Android now aren't all contacts stored on your google account including phone numbers from the default phone app?

In any case they are stored in my contacts on gmail so it doesn't really matter. And I've made two backups of the file on external media so it's all good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones