• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Backup & reinstall help

How to backup & reinstall all data & apps, etc, for my ZTE avid plus cell phone externally. I need to perform factory reset due to some kind of virus in a preinstalled app ( chrome ) which can't be uninstalled . Help Please ? I don't know what to do so I don't loose everything that's already installed on my phone.
Thank you Mr. G.

You can backup data from factory reset just mark backup data and restore data. it also save your wifi passwords.

kids44444444.png

maybe you can use easy backup and restore to apps. you can backup contacts, emails etc. backup these to sd card is better option.

easy backup: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mdroidapps.easybackup&hl=en

Inform me if its something helpful:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
If you sync your contacts to your Google account, then they already are backed up and will repopulate after the factory reset. For text/SMS/MMS messages, I use SMS Backup and Restore which lets me backup to my Dropbox account, keeping everything safe in the cloud. If you backup to an SD card, please remove that card before you factory reset. While it's not supposed to, I've seen some recovery processes reformat EXTERNAL SD cards, too. :(

As for your email, it depends on the account. If it's gmail or exchange or Yahoo, or an IMAP account, then it's stored on the email server and not your phone, so a reset won't change anything. You will need to setup the account again in the app, but your messages should still be there. If you set up any email accounts as POP3 with the option to delete from server, then you are going to have to decide if you want to try a third party app (that may or may not work) or just forward your important messages to a different account for safekeeping.

On to the original problem ... If you've never rooted your phone, then it's likely you can clear up your chrome "virus" by going into chrome and clearing the cache, then going into settings>apps>chrome and deleting the app data and restarting your phone.

Upvote 0
You can backup data from factory reset just mark backup data and restore data. it also save your wifi passwords.

View attachment 110601

maybe you can use easy backup and restore to apps. you can backup contacts, emails etc. backup these to sd card is better option.

easy backup: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mdroidapps.easybackup&hl=en

Inform me if its something helpful:)
I really need the zte avid plus stock rom for sd update. My phones stuck in a boot loop and I can only access recovery. Ive looked evverywhere but can only find the avid. Many thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones