• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

BasketBall Lite: Simply Addicting!

muzikjay

Basketball Lite

BBLiteMain-1.png

Version: 1.3.1
Price: Free
Phone: Sprint HTC Hero
My Rating: 5 out of 5

Features:

• Simple and fun

• Good physics engine

• Multiple Game Modes (More in Paid Version)

• Network Play

Overview
Basketball Lite is very fun and very simple. It's got a great physics engine and is highly addictive. The addition of multiple game modes including, "Timed Games", "Horse", and "Network" only add to an already great experience.

How to Play
Honestly, the game does a great job of explaining this in one simple photo. So I'll let that picture do the explaining for me.

BBLiteHowTo-1.png

Game Modes
Basketball Lite features, "Single Player Timed Modes", "Single Player Consecutive Modes", and "Network Challenge". Single Player Timed lets you choose either 1, 2, or 5 minute games. Single Player Consecutive let's you choose, "2 Points", "3 points", and "Horse" on either Medium or Hard.

BBLiteSinglePlayer-1.png

BBLiteConsmodes-1.png

Once the single player timed games are finished, it will display your results along with your accuracy. Once finished with a game of horse it will either tell you that you won or lost. Simple as that. The meter will also turn red if you are shooting too far and will turn yellow if you're not using enough power. You want to get it right in the middle when it's a tan color.

BBLiteTimed-1.png

BBLiteTimed1-1.png

BBLiteTimedStats-1.png

BBLiteHorseLose-1.png

Network Challenge

Network Challenge is a great addition to Basketball Lite because it really puts the pressure on. You're first given 1 minute to warm up and then you're put in a room with about 29 other players. It's a race to see who can win and afterwards you can view the stats and see where you stand.

BBLiteNetwork1-1.png

BBLiteNetwork2-1.png

BBLiteNetwork3-1.png

Settings and Hall of Fame

Settings is where you choose the name you'd like to appear on the stat boards and where you can choose your trajectory level. I chose 3 because it lets you see more of the bar to aim where as 1 stops the bar directly behind your finger which can make it difficult to be accurate. The Hall of Fame is just what it says. The list of the greats. You can choose to see stats for specific game modes and narrow it down to, "Country", "Local", or just leave it on, "All" which is the default.

BBLiteSettings.png

BBLiteHoF.png

The Wrap-Up

All in all it's a great game. Not a ton of flash but just enough for the simplicity. There's not a lot of sound, but once you make a shot, it can get loud if you're in public so be aware of that. It's free, simple, addictive, and well worth the download. That's why I give it 5 out of 5.

The network mode of this game is awesome. I wish they would create the ability to trash talk inbetween games or when you are waiting for the game to get over. It also would be nice to have a scoreboard for network play of all time win, average score, etc. People that think this game has bad physics or is too hard don't play it enough because I win all the time. I'm one of the best basketball lite players in the world ;)

Back
Top Bottom