• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery drain

CoyotesFan4Evr

Android Enthusiast
So I've had my LG G2 for I think a year now. And over the past few days, I'd say the middle of last week my battery has been draining rather fast. Now I'm rooted and therefore can't take the new update unless I flash the stock firmware and I'm not down for doing that just yet. So I keep getting the update notification. That's not an issue other than being annoying. But could not taking it be causing my problem? I've looked at what is using my battery and nothing is causing a big drain. So I'm baffled. Thanks ahead of time.

Get Wakefield Detector, see if that exposes any app problems.

If you installed a custom recovery as part of the rooting procedure, go to that and clear cache and Dalvik.

So I got the app. And it doesn't show any problem apps. I was using Facebook and Facebook messenger earlier but that's it. I always go in and shut down apps I've used and are no longer using after I'm done. I try to keep as much space free on my phone as possible to ensure optimal performance. So now what?

Did they develop tower issues in your area? Nothing drains a phone better than a bad signal.

You can track that over time using GSam Battery Monitor.

Tell me you're not running any task killers or ram killers, yeah?

I don't think I have any tower issues. I'm on Verizon but I know that doesn't mean anything really. And no I use solo launcher which comes with a cleaner that's a widget on one of my screens. But it's only active if I hit it to clean any over used ram.

Back
Top Bottom