• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Drain

jackal424

Nov 18, 2009
so I lost about 20% battery overnight, 7hrs. I looked at battery settings and Android OS keep awake was on for 7hrs eating 84mah.

Any thoughts on this?

*UPDATE*, see the third thread below.

It also seems that after uninstalling Gas Buddy and leaving BT on, my battery life has been super...only 1-3% drain over night, thats sweet...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah. I uninstalled the gas buddy app and its been working fine with the bluetooth on. Although, some people experienced battery drain w/o having the gas buddy app. So question still remains if its a bug in bluetooth or it could also be that the person had another rogue app installed.

Nonetheless, it may be worth it for someone to cycle power to bluetooth after connecting with a a device once; maybe this helped..who knows.

Upvote 0
Yeah. I uninstalled the gas buddy app and its been working fine with the bluetooth on. Although, some people experienced battery drain w/o having the gas buddy app. So question still remains if its a bug in bluetooth or it could also be that the person had another rogue app installed.

Nonetheless, it may be worth it for someone to cycle power to bluetooth after connecting with a a device once; maybe this helped..who knows.
I believe GSAM may also be causing issues with Bluetooth on.

Reactions: ella69
Upvote 0
Any battery app adds battery drain.
I removed them all.
Also, if you turn off notifications on social apps, that helps a lot.

I go farther, I turn off DATA and WiFi...
Bluetooth is always on, as is GPS location capability.... The GPS receiver is only awake if an app calls it.
For instance my camera is set to all the location to each snapshot. I can never remember where I took pictures.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones