• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery Issues

I wrote this in the accessory thread I started.

I have found with new- new cables I have had issues where the first 2 or 3 times I plug in - nothing happens. I suspect it has more to do with the cable/charger test than it does the phone. but I could be wrong.

Example - with the supplied LG wall wort - 2 new Iorange E cables I bought wouldn't charge on the first plug in. or the second. but 3rd time they kicked straight to normal charging - and then in about a second tripped to fast charging.

in my car - same cable in the above example - anker 4.8Amp car usb adapter - also new and not used before - first plug in - nothing. second plug in - charging, then about a second later - fast charging.

Is that anything like your issue?

I'm using the cable that came with the phone. It seems to be back to charging but I pulled the battery and checked the cable several times.

Odd but I had issues with the new cables I bought the very first time I plugged in with them. I think it might have everything to do with the fast charging trigger. Is it working OK now?

Hadn't had any battery related issues until today. Normally, when I take my phone off a charger in the morning, I can get to the end of the day with about 45% left. Today, it drained down to 25% in about 3 hours. Screen wasn't used a ton and nothing out of the ordinary. Checked battery usage and Facebook was at 27% but nothing else was reported above 2%. Really curious case here. Anybody have something similar happen?

Hadn't had any battery related issues until today. Normally, when I take my phone off a charger in the morning, I can get to the end of the day with about 45% left. Today, it drained down to 25% in about 3 hours. Screen wasn't used a ton and nothing out of the ordinary. Checked battery usage and Facebook was at 27% but nothing else was reported above 2%. Really curious case here. Anybody have something similar happen?
I don't use it personally but I've heard a few times that the newer iterations of the facebooks apps on Android only - eat battery life.

It's as if they either purposely don't code it clean, or they purposely want it to suck on android devices. but there are some known issues.

using chrome and web view supposedly is much easier on battery even if you leave its screen open and still have access to location.

again only what I've read, I don't use facecrack

Back
Top Bottom