• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Issues

So I took my phone off charge at around 10:50am (GMT) today (30/5/2015) at 100%. Its now at 15% however when you visit the battery analysis area of the settings, only 48% is accounted for between every process.

So here is my question; if I have 15% left now and the battery analysis has accounted for 48% that equals 63%. 100% - 63% is 37%. What the hell has used all that battery and why isn't it accounted for?

That always happens. For some reason the numbers never quite add up in the battery screen. Not to say it makes sense, but that's the way the battery screen has always worked.

Would you call your battery usage abnormal, or were you more concerned about just the way the battery screen was displaying things?

Unfortunately it's quite normal. I just think Google need to rectify this and/or make it more accurate.

Reactions: GuitarG20
Upvote 0
So I took my phone off charge at around 10:50am (GMT) today (30/5/2015) at 100%. Its now at 15% however when you visit the battery analysis area of the settings, only 48% is accounted for between every process.

So here is my question; if I have 15% left now and the battery analysis has accounted for 48% that equals 63%. 100% - 63% is 37%. What the hell has used all that battery and why isn't it accounted for?

Yes, i agree with your point. I have faced this problem.

Upvote 0
Expect Google to pull this

Lollipop mobile battery drain - enough is enough now Google

Having had Android exclusively on my last 10 devices I'm now at the point where I'm angry at Google's in action on the battery drain issues affecting mobile phones and LTE tablets.

Stood watching the Vulcan flypast, one of the last ever, and my Nexus 5 goes from 50% to zero within 30 seconds of unlocking my N5 and starting the camera meaning I was unable to photograph it right over my head.

This issue is documented numerous times on the Android issues website yet is STILL NOT assigned to anyone at Google and classed as low number of users affected. REALLY?

This has now been around for over a year and along with the Wifi drain was apparent in the L preview.

Yet still no fix!

Turning mobile data off helps for a while, but something within Android/lollipop is continually trying to turn it back on.

Before anyone suggests clearing cache, factory resets, removing apps etc etc it's all be done. Please don't waste your time insulting my knowledge of the issues.

Come on Google, before there is no one left to run Android M!

My employer has already lost patience and moved my tablet and mobile to Windows which although truly awful, can last for 2 days with heavy use and with mobile data and WiFi on constantly.

For the first time ever iOS is starting to look tempting just so I don't need to worry about carrying round n AC charger and wondering if where I'm going has a wall socket they'll let me use. Even my iPhone owning friends joke if I've packed my charger when I go out with them.

So Google, what are you doing to fix this, or are you now only interested in Android M?

Upvote 0
"Stood watching the Vulcan flypast, one of the last ever, and my Nexus 5 goes from 50% to zero within 30 seconds of unlocking my N5 and starting the camera meaning I was unable to photograph it right over my head.

This issue is documented numerous times on the Android issues website yet is STILL NOT assigned to anyone at Google and classed as low number of users affected. REALLY?"

50% drain in 30 seconds sounds more like an individual device issue.

You say that there are multiple independent reports of that (aka documented numerous times)?

Upvote 0
"Stood watching the Vulcan flypast, one of the last ever, and my Nexus 5 goes from 50% to zero within 30 seconds of unlocking my N5 and starting the camera meaning I was unable to photograph it right over my head.

This issue is documented numerous times on the Android issues website yet is STILL NOT assigned to anyone at Google and classed as low number of users affected. REALLY?"

50% drain in 30 seconds sounds more like an individual device issue.

You say that there are multiple independent reports of that (aka documented numerous times)?
It's the Google services/play services/Google connectivity issue which jams on the mobile radio at 100%

Look at the Android issues site ;)

Upvote 0
It's the Google services/play services/Google connectivity issue which jams on the mobile radio at 100%

Look at the Android issues site ;)
Maybe I'm not following you.

Losing 50% of your battery in 30 seconds is not physically possible unless the battery is defective or it's a false observable due to the display sticking at 50% for some time while actually discharging.

Google *anything* jamming the radio cannot drop a half a battery in half a minute. It's unpossible. ;)

^ That's what I was asking about.

If anyone at Google reads that, I think that they're going to reject it on the basis of impossible, based strictly on what you said and the way you said it.

Note - I didn't say that you don't have an issue.

Reactions: Omar Days
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones