• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Life

Help! I just got my Acclaim less than a month ago and totally frustrated with the battery life. After checking for notifications a few times, maybe a phone call or two, log onto facebook the battery life is half gone. I have been told that I will just have to carry my charger with me. What is the point of having a cell phone when you are tied to the charger plugged into the wall? :confused:

That seems unusual. I've had mine about a month, and I serf the web, play games, and talk a lot, and my battery will get about two days before a charge. Most of the time I plug it in every night.

When I got a Blackberry a couple years ago I had the same problem. I took the phone back into the store, told them the problem, they gave me a new battery, and no more problems after that.

early on my Acclaim was short on battery life. After a few full cycles it's improved greatly. Also I turn off most the additional features until they're needed. I can get a good 2-3 days between charges.

I got the Task Manager App and it seems help turn off all the apps running in the background. Really truly sped up my phone as well.

I just got my phone the other day, and I've been having the same problem with the battery.. I had it unplugged for about 5 hours and was down to 62% battery.. I had it locked most of the time and use the Killer app frequently. Kind of upset about it... But I'll let it cycle through the battery a few times and see what happens.

I just got my phone the other day, and I've been having the same problem with the battery.. I had it unplugged for about 5 hours and was down to 62% battery.. I had it locked most of the time and use the Killer app frequently. Kind of upset about it... But I'll let it cycle through the battery a few times and see what happens.

Yea battery life sucks for the first day or two. Also I've read that killing the apps that just pop back up again (i.e. dialer, contacts, voice control, etc...) drains the battery faster since it has to close them out, but since they're basically essential to the phone being a phone, they come back and it just ends up wasting power. So be careful what you kill.

Back
Top Bottom