• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
One trick that I learned about this phone is if you pull down your notification bar you will see several toggles up top. When you are connected to wifi , disable data, when you are not using gps, turn it off. Also it is a plus to have music that does not stream but resides on your sd card (memory chip) and won't eat up all of your battery.

I can get a full day of continuous use by doing these tricks.

Also if you are rooted, debloat and underclock using set cpu, find a good cpu mode.

There are other build. Prop tweaks and of course battery stats (rooted options)

Take care. Hope this helped

Upvote 0
I would argue having the GPS toggled On has no affect on your battery by itself.

Yes, if you for example went into Nav, an app that needs your location and Left Nav running for hours, it'd eat your juice. But the Geepus is only sposed to draw juice when some app specifically needs it.

So, unless you have a brazeelyun apps pushing data to your phone that need its location I can't see the GPS toggle mattering, certainly not as much as I hear it being accused of.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0
I'm such a nOOb I barely have an idea of which things I Don't know. :p

We're All Ignorant. Just in different subjects.

I DO tend however, to learn the things first that confuse me first. :D

I would consider Google location services a Systems App so to speak.

Example.

SpeedTest needs Both the "System App" of Google location services And the hardware that would actually Locate you (r phone) to nail down it's closest server to you. If either of those is missing it can't locate. I would consider the Location Services a System App as to me, it's a bridge between the App needing the data and your hardware that can provide it. If you don't give your phone permission to use Google Location, there isn't any corresponding request from any app to activate the GPS for any data. (and thusly Any juice usage From said GPS)

That's the way I sees it anyway.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Reactions: LoopyD
Upvote 0
I am always in strong signal places ...and if not i put it in airplane mode. So that's not a issue. Like if i leave it over night with lets say , 40% ...it will most likely be dead in the morning . Idk if thats normal .

Wow, learnt something new...I did not know that if you used the phone where the signal was weak it would drain the battery faster. What exactly is good about "airplane mode." I have never used it.

I have had my LG Motion less than a week, and I noticed my battery can be fully charged at 11 p.m., for example, but by 11: a.m. the next day, it is down to about 83% even though it has not been used. I thought that was a big drop in battery strength over a relatively short period of time.

Upvote 0
I am always in strong signal places ...and if not i put it in airplane mode. So that's not a issue. Like if i leave it over night with lets say , 40% ...it will most likely be dead in the morning . Idk if thats normal .

No, it isn't. Not with anywhere near a decent badry.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0
Wow, learnt something new...I did not know that if you used the phone where the signal was weak it would drain the battery faster. What exactly is good about "airplane mode." I have never used it.

I have had my LG Motion less than a week, and I noticed my battery can be fully charged at 11 p.m., for example, but by 11: a.m. the next day, it is down to about 83% even though it has not been used. I thought that was a big drop in battery strength over a relatively short period of time.

Airplane kills all calls and data. The original idea being that's what you do when on the plane and they say no phones. Sometimes toggling Airplane back and forth once may cure a momentary Metro data burp.

17% in 12 hrs sounds fine to me.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0
Airplane kills all calls and data. The original idea being that's what you do when on the plane and they say no phones. Sometimes toggling Airplane back and forth once may cure a momentary Metro data burp.

17% in 12 hrs sounds fine to me.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

That is good to know. Thanks. I thought maybe I had a bad battery. The other issue I noticed with my LG Motion is that I cannot hear incoming callers very well, imo. If I place the call on speaker, I can hear them loud and clear, but otherwise, I have to strain a bit to hear callers. Anyone notice this with his phone?

Upvote 0
Resurrecting this thread. I got an extended battery over a week ago and have been getting some nice life out of it.
[IMG]http://i1179.photobucket.com/a...hot_2013-05-21-11-12-27_zpsc34dff28.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1179.photobucket.com/a...hot_2013-05-21-11-12-46_zps65b1cd9d.png[/IMG]

The first image shows the system battery graph. The 2nd image shows what the battery monitor widget said about my battery. Notice the difference in time. I unplugged my phone at 0729 on 5/20. However the android system only shows one day zero hours, but it should show once day three plus hours. Now, I dropped muy phone a couple times and the extended battery cover came off and the battery popped out. This I had to reboot my phone. I'm not sure why this would cause the phone to lose that time on the battery but it did. I do like how much battery life I'm getting though. I'm turning off data and sync and WiFi when I'm not using them.

Upvote 0
I use kernel tuner to lower cpus .you can usr setcpu or other apps( kernel tuner allows you to allows you to control both cpu) you can also turn 1turn one cpu completly off.
When not using phone at all i lower both to 384 the lowest
486 to 584 is plenty for surfing the web and watching movies.
I to use airplane mode when not needing four g
I took a picture of pure Black
Then made a totally dark picture my wallpaper and lockscreen
This uses less juice to display and with dark background icons show better with less brighness outside.
Some apps like social apps i rarely use,i freeze untill i need them.since the are checking servers regularly

Upvote 0
I also wanted to mention Actually closing apps.
Sometimes i dont Close apps and the still use cpu in the background even when i am done
For instance Dolphin Browser , when i am done i have to Exit or Close it or it will continue to run cpu eating up battery life.
I use Android Task Manager, I never use to kill apps but monitor apps and cpu usage

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones