• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

battery ran down while in bag

dan55

Android Expert
hi all.

odd one..I put my sport in my bag for a couple of hours and when I went to get it later, battery totally dead! ... it had over 40% when I left it

cheers
Dan

It could be something touching the screen, keeping it from going to off or ambient (depending on your settings). Putting it in theatre mode would prevent that.

Then again, from time to time my watch drains like mad just because it feels like it ( for no good reason that in can find. )

Not odd. If the watch is on then it's consuming power.

As the post above mentioned, something perhaps was touching the screen, sensors were on and sensing "movement", etc etc etc etc...

Next time just turn it off if you are not using it and it's in a bag, etc.

movement... good point, if the bag was moving, there may have been "tilt to wake" actuating.

I agree turning off the watch is most fool proof.

Going to theatre mode is almost as good... keeps the screen off in spite of touches / tilts / notifications and it's convenient...
  • from home swipe down, left, tap to activate theatre mode
  • press hardware button to turn on screen which exits theatre mode... no waiting for reboot.

thanks guys..yes probably turning off would have been best
the bag wasn't moving and ambient mode was off
cheers

I don't think it's happened on my MKII 360 but the MKI did that every once in a while. Something would just get stuck on and it would die in an hour or two. A reboot and recharge fixed it right back up.

hi guys.

I charged my sport model up last night but when I came to check it in morning, no charge!

it was just placed on the desk so don't think the screen would have been stuck on and I have screen anyways on setting turned off

....faulty battery or watch maybe?

thanks
Dan

Hi Dan,

Didn't you just have it die recently in your bag? Twice in pretty rapid succession like that makes me suspect. Maybe try a factory reset just to wipe it clean and see how it acts. If you've already done that, or if it does it again, I'd consider a replacement.

Merged thread...

Could be a rogue app, the watch may not have been on the stand properly. Etc..

Agree, factory reset and resync. Since it's a sport model have you gotten it wet/had it in humidity?

Back
Top Bottom