• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

BB to Android

mlg2919

Hi currently have a Verizon BB Storm2 and looking to move to Android in Q2 or Q3. Havy email user, hopping for better web, movie, etc use. Navigation a real plus on droid. Travel in rual areas so a better than average radio is a must, currently use Tether for BB will switch to Tether for Droid or PDANet. Just learning terminology and processes for Droid at this time, any comments recommendations, etc are welcome.;)

Welcome to the Android Forums!

Are you planning to stay with Verizon? Or move to a different carrier? On Verizon two hot new current phones to consider are the Droid Bionic and the HTC Thunderbolt. In three to six months I suspect there'll be several more choices to consider...

Welcome to the Android Forums!

Are you planning to stay with Verizon? Or move to a different carrier? On Verizon two hot new current phones to consider are the Droid Bionic and the HTC Thunderbolt. In three to six months I suspect there'll be several more choices to consider...

I will be staying with Verizon. Since we travel so much, the ability to pick up any signal and hold it is very high on the feature list, as is internet connectivity.:)

I can't suggest to you which android device to go with as I live in Canada, but I went from a BB to an iPhone and finally a Samsung Captivate...and let me tell you, android has been my favorite platform of the three by far!

I was sweating the idea of losing the incredible email functionality of my BB and in a way I did lose a little something on the iPhone but on my captivate it's as good as on my BB (using the gmail app). As long as you go with any higher end droid, you won't regret it!

Back
Top Bottom