• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bedtime mode

stuarta

Android Enthusiast
Hi all,

I've just started noticing an issue with Bedtime Mode and receiving messages from Starred Contacts.

I've got the settings configured for 'Based on schedule' and 'Do Not Disturb for Bedtime Mode' turned on. However when bedtime mode kicks in, I don't get messages or calls from my starred contacts.

I've had to disable it at the moment and using the 'Sleeping' schedule under Do Not Disturb which works, but I'd prefer to use Bedtime Mode.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

Hi all,

I've just started noticing an issue with Bedtime Mode and receiving messages from Starred Contacts.

I've got the settings configured for 'Based on schedule' and 'Do Not Disturb for Bedtime Mode' turned on. However when bedtime mode kicks in, I don't get messages or calls from my starred contacts.

I've had to disable it at the moment and using the 'Sleeping' schedule under Do Not Disturb which works, but I'd prefer to use Bedtime Mode.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?
As I recently find out (with my new Redmi Note), seems that Sleep and DND operate differently depending on the phone's brand.

With my Samsung, I use the sleep mode and works great. I have it set up for every day, between 11pm and 6:30am, calls and messages from favorites and repeated callers, all alarms and media (sometimes I game after 11 and like to hear the sounds :) ) DND is disabled but set up for 1 hour (for meetings or when I don't want to be bothered for 1 hour). When I turn on DND it only stays on for 1 hour and then off again.

On my Redmi, there's no Sleep mode (or I haven't found it yet) but DND does not have a timer and will stay on until I disable it manually (which if I forget I will miss calls and texts from my customers) and under Schedule turn on time, it will turn on DND but will not turn it off at specified time. So I have it disabled it all together. Any advice is welcome on this matter for this Redmi phone :)

On the other hand, Bedtime mode (part of Digital Wellbeing) disables all notifications regardless.

Back
Top Bottom