• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Active Display notification customization app?

Marc_G

Hi folks-

I'm trying out a Moto X while my S4 is in the shop. Gosh I love the feel of the X... but I miss the large multicolor LED my old RAZR MAXX HD had, and even the S4 at least has a multicolor LED, albeit a small one.

A major thing I use the LEDs for is to flash a color based on what incoming emails or texts I've gotten. So, personal email account, flash blue. Family email account, flash purple. Text message, flash red. You get the point.

I like the OLED active notification idea on the Moto X, but I haven't yet found out how to customize how it represents different types of emails from different accounts. Is there some app that lets users customize the color, flash rate, etc. of notifications based on what type of notification it is?

Thanks!

MArc

Not that I know of. As far as I know, Motorola never published an API for third party developers to access active display.

Dynamic Notifications lets you change the color, but not for each type of notification. I used it before I got my X, it was nice but then started getting buggy. It's hopefully better now.

There's also Active Notify, I never used it though.

But as far as changing functionality of the stock active notifications, no, there is nothing out there.

... not that I', aware of.

Tasker might have an alternative. Have it sound a unique sound or speak a short phrase like "family" or "work" when the message arrives.

I have not played with Tasker interpreting incoming messages either with the display on or off.

... Thom

Back
Top Bottom