• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

best app to backup apps?

The only way to truely backup apps is to be rooted and run Titanium Backup. You can use MyBackup Pro if you are not rooted, however this doesn't backup app's data (i.e. game saves, settings etc).

Titanium Backup just rocks.
If you don't want to root your phone permanently, you can temp root it and use Titanium to back up your apps.

Another vote for Titanium. The best app I have! I would not temp root because you would have to do it every time you want to do a backup. That would get real old real quick.

Get Rooted and Get Titanium Backup Pro. No questi.on about it. Awesome app. Puts you in control of your phone's apps.

MyBackup is good if you are not rooted and very easy to use. But nothing compares to TB

Get Rooted and Get Titanium Backup Pro. No questi.on about it. Awesome app. Puts you in control of your phone's apps.

MyBackup is good if you are not rooted and very easy to use. But nothing compares to TB

Just remember, if you are not rooted, MyBackup won't backup up an app's data and settings. It also won't backup tghe Market link. So if you use MyBackup Pro to restore on a nonrootedphone, the app won't show up in the my apps part of the Market and you won't get updates.

Simply put, you have to be rooted to backup everything.

daamn im missing out big time with Titanium lol

but why is only for rooted phones? Im guessing so the app can deep access unauthorised files?

My Backup pro, d/led and installed today. Finally decided to put the OTA 2.3.3 on my wifes shift today. When I was all done backing up, reseting installing, etc I selected restore and all I get is an IO error. Can't read card. Backup pro seems to be the only app that doesn't see the card. Plug usb into computer and look that way and there is a 158mb backup there. Waiting to hear from dev.

daamn im missing out big time with Titanium lol

but why is only for rooted phones? Im guessing so the app can deep access unauthorised files?
TB can do more than backup/restore. For example, it is able to access and modify files in /system partition, which can be done only with root access permissions.

1. AppBrain (saves App List only)
2. MyBackupPro
3. AppInstaller (by Gregory House)
4. Astro

Back
Top Bottom