• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Backup for Non-Rooted Razr Maxx

thisisnascar

May 2, 2012
Gloucester City, NJ
I may be faced with getting my Razr Maxx replaced, due to a problem with the camera. What's the best backup/restore application I could obtain to make this as easy as possible. Ideally, I'd want to do a complete backup, swap the phone, do a complete restore and walk away. Is that even possible? Can I find something that will backup all my current settings, etc, so I don't have to do anything to the new phone? I'd love to not have to redo all my customizations or have to reinstall any applications or their settings.

I doubt you'll get quite what you want. You can opt to back up app data etc with Google (in the Privacy menu on my AOSP HTC), though I never do this so can't personally attest to how well it works. MyBackup Pro can back up a fair amount of stuff on an unrooted phone. And unless you've deliberately made your contacts "phone only" they are probably backed up with Google already. But I doubt that this will get you quite what you want - for example, in my experience homescreen setups don't restore well from any backup (other than a nandroid, which isn't an option for you).

Reactions: Crashdamage
Upvote 0
I was bugging because I needed to replace my HTC Incredible 2. I went and backed up everything with MyBackup. But you know what? I ended up not reinstalling half the apps I previously had; when I seriously thought about it, I didn't use them.

I wound up swapping the sd card, then going to the Play store on a pc, went to the "My Apps" section, and just clicked on "Install" on the apps I wanted to reinstall. When I did that, it sent the apps to my phone over 3g and installed them too - I didn't have to click on one at a time to install them, it does it for you. Had the phone more or less set up in less than a half-hour.

Upvote 0
I was bugging because I needed to replace my HTC Incredible 2. I went and backed up everything with MyBackup. But you know what? I ended up not reinstalling half the apps I previously had; when I seriously thought about it, I didn't use them.

I wound up swapping the sd card, then going to the Play store on a pc, went to the "My Apps" section, and just clicked on "Install" on the apps I wanted to reinstall. When I did that, it sent the apps to my phone over 3g and installed them too - I didn't have to click on one at a time to install them, it does it for you. Had the phone more or less set up in less than a half-hour.

Ok thanks. Didn't realize that info was stored on Google.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones