• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best way to migrate from Note 4 to V20?

KRob3

Lurker
My V20 arrives today and I cant wait! How would you recommend I migrate my Note 4 to the V20? I think there is an LG app that can be used to transfer wirelessly - has anyone used that app successfully?

Any other suggestions on how to get my contacts, apps, pics, etc from a Note 4 to V20?

Did the Note 4 to LG V20 on Monday..........
Export your contacts to your SD card then pull into LG.
The transfer programs seemed to work flawlessly.
When you start the new phone it will ask you to update apps. Don't do a mass pull over, check the list to make sure your not getting apps you no longer use.
Move all your pics/music and media to the SD card on the Note, then they just move over when you transfer it to the new phone.
I didn't discover any issues so far from the transfer.

Did the Note 4 to LG V20 on Monday..........
Export your contacts to your SD card then pull into LG.
The transfer programs seemed to work flawlessly.
When you start the new phone it will ask you to update apps. Don't do a mass pull over, check the list to make sure your not getting apps you no longer use.
Move all your pics/music and media to the SD card on the Note, then they just move over when you transfer it to the new phone.
I didn't discover any issues so far from the transfer.

Thanks for the quick reply! How do I transfer my Contacts to the SD card? Is it just "export to SD card"? in Contacts under settings? When I remove the SD card from the Note and place into the LG, my contacts will all be there or is there another step?

Good tip on the App transfer! Does the S health app from Samsung work on the V20?

How do I move my music to the SD card? I have songs through Google loaded on Note.

Sorry for all the questions - I'm still learning...

contacts- export to sd card on note, then import from sd card on LG.
LG has its own health app you will use
if your using google play they will be moved when you log into the new phone with your google account. Mine are not in the cloud.

contacts- export to sd card on note, then import from sd card on LG.
LG has its own health app you will use
if your using google play they will be moved when you log into the new phone with your google account. Mine are not in the cloud.

Thank you! I figured out the Contacts, but I do have songs on my phone. Is there a way to move to SD card?

yes, they should be under media or music on the phone, select them them move to media on SD card. The new phone should find them.

I keep all my contacts synced to google anyway - so when I booted the new phone and logged in during account setup it pulled everything down. Made a few duplicated though.

Other stuff I tried pulling the memory card out and putting in the new phone - some of it was corrupted so smurf that.

special data files for specifics apps - like Acar for example I keep on a NAS box that I update the folder nightly using Tasker. So I just resynced those after resetting up the tasker app with the right folders and files.

It's more than I thought I should have to do but my phones wouldn't sync with NFC like the android swap says they will. I had a note 3 though.

It's more than I thought I should have to do but my phones wouldn't sync with NFC like the android swap says they will. I had a note 3 though.

I couldn't get the NFC transfer to work with my S5, either. Did the whole transfer what I hadn't saved to the cloud to my SD card and it was all there.

Back
Top Bottom