• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Beyond Extremely Low 3g Speeds

Desime

Lurker
Im going to start off by saying that i am not an overly tech savvy person. But i have taken several measures to try and understand the problem i am having. Currently i have the Droid X2 with verizon, its not rooted and i have had it only a few days. I got this phone in hopes that it would be much faster then my previous one. I had an LG ally and it was my first smart phone. I have ran several speed tests and on some days i am getting around 8kbps down and the max i have ever gotten is 120kbps but. Once again i have looked through several forums and all my efforts have been in vain.
I have a full bar of signal so i know thats not that issue. Hopefully somone can explain to me why the speed is so slow. i have been putting up with this snail like speed ever since i had my old Ally.

One thing that you can try is to update your roaming preferences by dialing *228 and selecting option 2. After that do a restart and see if makes any difference. Doing this lets your phone seek out cell towers closer to you.
- Also, check the verizon coverage map in your area. The less red spots you see around where you are could mean that the coverage may not be that great.
- Are you able to connect to WIFI? Do you notice significant speed differences in browsing or with other apps that require internet access?

Back