• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blu Grand M2 home screen search box

rdwray

Lurker
I have Blu Grand M2 with Android 8.1 and there is a box on the home screen that has "Search" (it is not a google search) entered in it but it does not do anything when selected, how do I get rid of it?

Try long pressing on it and it should highlight and give you an option to remove from your homepage.

Yes, I have tried to long press and drag to remove. After much searching, I found out that it is a "Google Go" search and it cannot be uninstalled.

Yes, I have tried to long press and drag to remove. After much searching, I found out that it is a "Google Go" search and it cannot be uninstalled.
I just looked up Google Go in the Play Store. When I view it in a browser, it says it's incompatible with all my devices. Odd. So I looked at it in the Play Store app--where it says it's not available in my country. Ah-ha!

It says a similar app is already installed: Google. Okay, so wherever you are, the Google Go app replaces the Google app--but you can't uninstall it. You can, however, disable it. At least you should be able to. Try that and see if the search box goes away.

Back
Top Bottom