• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Blu Studio G - Problem With Recurring Text Messages

maire5

Hope someone can shed some light on these (probably related) problems with my Blu Studio G phone. Recently replaced the battery due to battery failure. New battery does not stay charged for long at all but I do get a little use out of the phone and at least the "new" battery is not swelling. Don't know if the rapid discharge and inability to hold a charge has anything to do with the main problem, but here goes:

For several months I get a repeat of the initial text I got from someone. This happens when the phone dies on me and I have to reboot it after recharging the phone. Seems like an endless loop of that one text. I asked the sender how many times they had sent that text (or any text) to me and they told me, only about four texts ever. In all, there are approaching 200 transmissions of this repeated text. I have reset the phone more than once and every time the repeated text reappears.

Short of trashing the phone and starting over, any easy solutions? (I am not tech savvy, so I need simple explanations please!) Thank you to anyone who can help.

I would install a different messaging app from the play store. It just sounds like your default messaging app is convuluted...
Textra works great for me.
You can also go to settings, apps, and clear the cache and data from the stock messaging app.

Back
Top Bottom