• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth all paired devices frequently lost

bigzdog

Lurker
Using Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 with latest Nougat rom and this has been a problem since I have owned the tablet.

Previously had Asus Transformer Prime and never had the problem with same bluetooth devices.

Pair most frequently to a bluetooth speaker.

After several hours or a reboot, all paired devices on Samsung tablet are lost. They no longer show in the Bluetooth section under paired devices. If I turn on the bluetooth speaker, I am prompted on tablet with a pairing request and the options of OK or CANCEL. Tapping OK connects as expected and audio works.

However if I turn off the speaker or walk out of range, then come back several hours later or reboot the tablet, I must go through this whole process again because the tablet lost the paired device, when it should just auto-connect.

I haven't tried a factory reset yet because I was hoping someone would have a great idea to save me the trouble. Everything else on the tablet is working fine.

Back
Top Bottom