• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth Connection Issues/Discussion

locura79

Lurker
Does anyone else have Bluetooth auto-connect issues? I paired my N6 with my car, my laptop, and a speaker without any problems, but it won't auto-connect to any paired devices. This is mainly a problem when I get in my car, although it also renders trusted devices pretty pointless. Trying to determine if it's hardware or software since I'd like to exchange for a new one if it's not a known problem. On that note, has anyone made an exchange at T-Mobile?

launch day n6 from goog. stock not rooted.

paired to a moto 360, laptop, mac desktop, nexus player, vehicle OBD II port Bluetooth dongle (elm 327) pop Bluetooth headset, htc bt headset, sony srs-x9, vehicle head-unit, nexus 9 lte, Bluetooth keyboard and zero issues with re-connecting to these when the peripheral requests the phone.

i dont have all of these as trusted devices but the ones that are keep the phone unlocked per expected.

maybe un pair your devices, and re-pair? perhaps a factory reset?

are you rooted?

does not sound like a physical issue with the phone, could just be the devices are not connecting properly, especially if you are able to pair the devices initially.

could be a rogue program causing you issues.

if you are within 14 day grace period, you should be able to get a new device. if past that, you will have to exercise your insurance (you DO have insurance!?) or warranty with moto directly.

The only similar trouble I've experienced is with a bluetooth speaker. It will connect, then immediately disconnect, if my BT headset is on and connected.

Hey guys,
Does anyone here use their N6 bluetooth as a computer lock/unlock key? If so what are you using? I currently have a Mac Mini that I am looking to do this with. If you're using a dongle of some type, that's fine, what are you using? Appreciate any feedback!

Not understanding why it is trying to connect to a device I am nowhere near...
In kia not at home......hmmmm....

Attachments

• 1434409011679.jpg
    1434409011679.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 76
It's normal, because it's looking for known BT devices that have already paired with the phone to see if they are in range, so it can automatically connect to them if they do come within range and are turned on, like your car system "Kia Motors". I haven't found any hit on battery life with leaving BT turned on with my devices, so leave it on all the time.
98d3eba93456a68234d944e1bcb73998.jpg

"DF-B01" a BT speaker, is in the other room, turned off. But if I do turn it on and it's in range, it will connect and can start playing my music or radio streams automatically if I wanted.

What it's actually doing with "connecting", it's sending out a periodic broadcast, saying "Hello I'm here, are any of my paired BT devices around and want to communicate with me?" :thumbsupdroid:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom