• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth Remote?

BrianEE93

Lurker
I'm really excited about getting a Prime and one of the uses would be for a video player with the micro-HDMI output. Anyone know if you can get a simple bluetooth remote control to perform basic play/pause/stop, etc.?

I would have the Prime laying near the TV and would like to remotely control it. Nothing fancy. Just enough to pause for bio-break or snacks. :)

I'm sure if there isn't one already that works simply as a plug and play then there are other options out there as far as different apps developed to support that kind of stuff. This is the beauty of android ;)

I think this request will be better served in the future as Android matures and more ppl realize how useful tabs will be. But, the latter is going to convey the former In the case of android, it will have to prove itself(good apps) before it is accepted and understood by the masses.

I get more wordy when I drink...been dddrrriiinnnkkkiiinnnggg, lol.

Alternately, I don't own a tablet yet (as I am waiting for the real deal Prime). Will there be apps made that will turn our underperforming/too small/etc smartphones into these types of "tablet remote controls"?

+1 on the topic. I plan on using the Prime as a media center (that I take to friends' places and plug in via HDMI) and was wondering about a remote as well. Not exactly convenient having to get up and walk over to the TV/tablet to pause it while someone goes off to do something.

Sweet! That's exactly what I was hoping for. I love being able to use my phone as a remote for my tv and bluray player. It'll be great to be able to do this w my tab too.

archos has this right, they have their own remote software for their tablets so you can control it from an android phone...and its free

Back
Top Bottom