• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth wireless speakers- for music and smartphone use- DELAYs?

jeffpas

Lurker
Oct 6, 2013
I just bought an Audiovox 808 "Thumper" portable wireless speaker from Wal-Mart for use as a hands-free booster speaker when using the android smartphone in the car (its illegal to use the phone the regular way in our state). It syncs using BlueTooth, and I've already been doing this about a year with another portable speaker- I had a previous cheaper one that worked fine.

However although this one has good sound, it also has this weird 1 second delay between what comes out of the phone speaker, and what comes out of the bluetooth wireless.
What's more, when you sync the speaker to the smartphone, the regular telephone doesn't work at all. It shows 'connected' and you hear the first beep of the number you are dialing, then the Bluetooth speaker switches off. What a piece of junk! Useless.

I called Audiovox support and was told this delay and the not working with a phone is an 'inherent feature of Bluetooth'. I know that's a lie because I've been using another Bluetooth portable speaker already just fine- no delay, no problems!

Has anyone seen this happen, do you know what causes the delay and if there's a way to fix it?
Thanks much.

Samsung Captivate Glide Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones