• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth won't connect after latest Android update

I can't get Bluetooth to connect to my earbuds. It pairs, but doesn't connect. I cleared the Bluetooth cache and restarted. This problem started after the latest Android update a few days ago. Can't connect to my PC, either.

Phone is a ZTE Z557BL
Android Version 7.1.1
Bluetooth will no longer connect
Phone is not rooted

I'm assuming that update possibly changed some things in the device, like its Identification properties. Might need to delete the BT from settings, factory reset the actual Bluetooth device itself, then try to reconnect..

I cleared Bluetooth share. Data and cache. Cleared midi Bluetooth. Network reset thing and factory data reset. Nothing worked. Also reset headphones. 2 different sets. Headphones do work with another device. Don't know what else to try. I have simple mobile and z557bl phone.

same issue. I did everything bicyclingbob did to try to fix same phone. does not connect to anything. was working fine until last update.

I cleared Bluetooth share. Data and cache. Cleared midi Bluetooth. Network reset thing and factory data reset. Nothing worked. Also reset headphones. 2 different sets. Headphones do work with another device. Don't know what else to try. I have simple mobile and z557bl phone.
did you get your Bluetooth working yet? I have same phone and same issue. have done all you did but still no Bluetooth.

I am having the same issue with the same phone with the last update, but mine won't connect to the Bluetooth in my car for making calls. Tried doing all those things and nothing worked. I am still waiting it out to see if get an update. My phone takes forever for updates. Hoping an update soon. I keep trying to connect periodically but same issues.

Restart Your Phone and the Device. Reset all settings of Bluetooth like deleting all paired devices, reset name, clear cache and storage data. I think it will help you.

Back
Top Bottom