• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] msl help

scottsbaby

Lurker
Hello everyone I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked I couldn't find it anywhere.

I rooted my S3 and flashed the MOAR. I was aware before doing so that there may be MMS problems. When I had the S2 I had the same problem when flashing a new ROM but it was an easy fix by obtaining my MSL via the Alogcat method. I repeated the same thing to obtain my MSL this time. I opened up Alogcat, put MSL into the filter, went into the hidden menu, hit edit, typed in a random 6 digit number in which case it said it was incorrect, held down the home button and went back into Alogcat via the task manager. It had logged where I had accessed the hidden menu and attempted to edit, but no MSL only 5 digit numbers. Am I doing something wrong? Worst case scenario I might be able to call Boost to obtain it but I was really hoping to be able to do it this way. Again, I apologize if this had already been answered. Thank you.

I know that is known to happen in some custom ROMs . the fix for that didn't work I tried to do a update and had to flash my backup or change ROMs . u may need to change ROMs or try your backup and see if problem still happens

Thank you for your response, however do you know how to go about getting the msl via alogcat? Am I attempting to obtain it correctly?

I just flashed it through Philz and it is working! I can send pictures now! Yay! Thanks y'all for the help.

:proud:I would like to "congratulate" you on you rooting your phone.:proud:

:)"IT'S SO EASY EVEN SCOTTSBABY CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!":)
^^^^^^^ WITH GOOD PEOPLE IN MIND! ^^^^^^^^^
:star:Better watch her this girl is good I know she is gonna make a rom I can just sense it now watch! ya see.:star:
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
:party::party:
gOt rOOt!!!!! gIt Er RoOt!!!!! And quit whinin!!!!!

I don't know which ones you've posted but I've also read the one in this link will work.

There is a list and it's the Android MSL Reader-
http://tools.flashingtools.com/

There are some other useful tools listed in that link.

I had to call Boost to get mine. None of the old methods would work back when I bought my S3. It surprised me how quickly Boost gave me my MSL. I told them I had just upgraded my handset and needed my new MSL. Must have been a slow day at Boost because I had it in less than 10 minutes. LOL!

I don't know which ones you've posted but I've also read the one in this link will work.

There is a list and it's the Android MSL Reader-
Flashing Tools Library

There are some other useful tools listed in that link.

I had to call Boost to get mine. None of the old methods would work back when I bought my S3. It surprised me how quickly Boost gave me my MSL. I told them I had just upgraded my handset and needed my new MSL. Must have been a slow day at Boost because I had it in less than 10 minutes. LOL!

I used that tool back last year and it worked for me.. that was on 4.1.2 though. Also when you activate a new phone through Boost's webpage you get your MSL right then and there but you have to be paying attention and write it down. There isn't a way to go back and get it on the webpage from what I can tell. That's how I got my wife's MSL for her LG F7.

I used that tool back last year and it worked for me.. that was on 4.1.2 though. Also when you activate a new phone through Boost's webpage you get your MSL right then and there but you have to be paying attention and write it down. There isn't a way to go back and get it on the webpage from what I can tell. That's how I got my wife's MSL for her LG F7.

Yeah, its small and inconspicuous... But one of them tools I listed will. Called MSL Utility on mine.

LOL! I actually saw the MSL info when I activated my S3 on the website. I didn't think I would need it right then though since I knew of a few other methods to get it. Come to find out, at the time none of them worked thanks to the update.That's the reason I called Boost. It's nice to know there are utilities available now to acquire the MSL. You can still get it from Boost but it usually takes time to get it. I got lucky and was able to get mine quickly. A utility is definitely quicker though. No doubt. You don't have to go through the chit chat with the Boost reps either. HUGE + :D

Back
Top Bottom