• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] NJ3 OTA W/Custom Recovery?

I wouldn't mess with it until we have a tar for Odin. Mainly because if you mess up your phone real bad there will be no way to fix it since the only tar we currently have would be older and brick the phone.

Patience. It looks like it's just security updates to break towel root and probably fix the SSL stuff. Can't really find a change log anywhere.

Reactions: cwhatever
Upvote 0
Well, I bit the bullet. I was tired of the notification about the update being downloaded, and my phone was starting to act up and reboot itself, so I restored to stock and took the update. Now, my bluetooth wont turn on. I've tried rebooting, clearing the cache, etc. now I'm backing it up with Phil's recovery (I was able to root it without a problem) and I'll try a factory reset. Does anyone have any ideas how to get it working? I'll report back if the factory reset works.
Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones