• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Simple, fast, easy root....

DWILSON48625

Android Enthusiast
Nov 30, 2011
Harrison Mi
www.towelroot.com

I have a newer Boost s3 I got in June '14. Looked all over on how to root, etc. Found this.

BTW, Im on 4.4.2 NDC

Its an app for s3,s4, and s5 I believe.

Its free.

Please donate to the Dev tho.. Its worth it.

*****EDIT**** DOES NOT WORK ON THE NEW 710T MODEL.

**************USE PHILZ RECOVERY TO ROOT THAT MODEL.

Download, install.
Open app.
Tap "make it rain"

Says works on phones up to June 14. (atleast)

From what I've read from some other members here is after you root with this method you can then use an app called Flashify and use that to flash Philz (custom recovery. )

That would be a nice and easy way to get Philz. I'm sure it trips Knox though.
Personally, I wouldn't run a rooted phone without a custom recovery like Philz, TRWP, or CWM. There are too many great ROMs out there. That's just my opinion though. I know there are a good many people who just want their phone rooted and could care less about the custom ROMs.

Thanks for the info about Flashify. I need to check it out and get it added to the ROM, etc thread. Using an app to get Philz is a lot easier than using Odin. :thumbup:

Upvote 0
I agree. I've probably mentioned this somewhere before but I boot looped my S3 within the first hour of it being rooted deleting stuff with TB. Thankfully I made a nandroid backup right after I rooted so it didn't matter. I'd never even think of rooting a phone without a custom recovery, even if sticking with the stock rom. It's too dangerous if you want to actually play with the phone. But to each their own I guess.

And yeah, I'd assume flashify trips knox. Madbat has made some posts over in the Virgin Mobile subforum about Towelroot and Flashify which is where I heard about it.

Reactions: wetbiker7
Upvote 0
I agree. I've probably mentioned this somewhere before but I boot looped my S3 within the first hour of it being rooted deleting stuff with TB. Thankfully I made a nandroid backup right after I rooted so it didn't matter. I'd never even think of rooting a phone without a custom recovery, even if sticking with the stock rom. It's too dangerous if you want to actually play with the phone. But to each their own I guess.

And yeah, I'd assume flashify trips knox. Madbat has made some posts over in the Virgin Mobile subforum about Towelroot and Flashify which is where I heard about it.

Nice. I'll give his post a look. :thumbup:

Upvote 0
That would be a nice and easy way to get Philz. I'm sure it trips Knox though.
Personally, I wouldn't run a rooted phone without a custom recovery like Philz, TRWP, or CWM. There are too many great ROMs out there. That's just my opinion though. I know there are a good many people who just want their phone rooted and could care less about the custom ROMs.

Thanks for the info about Flashify. I need to check it out and get it added to the ROM, etc thread. Using an app to get Philz is a lot easier than using Odin. :thumbup:

I have used Flashifly (on my old Samsung victory) and it worked as advertized.

It is one of those apps that is handy to have around.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones