• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root boot and down animation

dupek

Well, I was bored with the boot and down animation so I went into venture to design my own. Add a personal touch to my phone. It was a challenge as I did not had ( still do not have) enough knowledge of Android Roms and how it work.
Couple of day to learn and where to put it - I finally made it. Sense Roms are not made equal. The location and name of bootanimation change from rom to rom. In CM base roms the file name is bootanimation.zip and you put it in /system/media.On Sense roms the filename depend of rom developer. Most of the time the name will be htc_bootanimation.zip but I found at one rom the name htc_one_bootanimation.zip. Most of the time - in Sense Roms - the file will be in /system/customize/resource. Before you place the boot/down animation into your phone, it is good idea to test it. I use free program "Boot Animation Factory". Google it - I lost the link. You can preview in Rom Toolbox Lite from your SD card. Press on filename and will have option to preview using root browser. I use the root browser to copy the file and set permition ( require for downanimation). For me - I found the best Rom at Yoshi forum on xda. The link is burry inside the forum and come from China developer. The only drawback is the screen flicking some time (as most of the ICS and JB roms). I found it the faster and less power consuming rom.
If you can not find it, I will post a link to it. I am adding link to my own boot and down animation. You my have to change the filename. Fell free to extract and do any changes to it. Have a fun. The link:
http://www.liesnomore.net/bootdroid.
I hope that this will help some.

Updated with my splash screen
01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom