• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bootloop droid razr recovery with a dead battery back to ics

IcellPhones

So i updated to ics official ota and was not feeling the ics, so i tried to go back to 2.3.6 and ended up in a boot loop. My razr was not rooted before i tried to go back to 2.3.6. I spent 2 days trying to recover and then i found this thread, it saved my razr, and when i saw the droid red eye come on screen i was so happy. First off I have to say that I had a dead battery, I found another thread on how to use the stock motorola charging cable and wall outlet to charge my phone without opening the device or spending money on some special motorola cable. I charged my phone to around 70% to begin the process, so I though i would share these links for any one else in the same predicament. By the end i had some ics back on my razr, the droid utility 1.7 also gives you the ability to root on ics, i will try that tonight. The links for both steps are below, I hope these help .

Manual RAZR ICS Upgrade to 4.04 - xda-developers

Charge Your Battery Without A Special Cable Or Taking The Phone Apart! - DroidRzr.com

Back
Top Bottom