• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Box: Already added sync account

UncleMike

Android Expert
Nov 15, 2009
Central NJ
I'm having a problem with Box on my stock 2013 Moto X. When backing up to Box using Helium, Helium gets stuck uploading the files to Box, even though the backup itself finishes (Helium flashes a message that the backup is finished). I also was having problems sharing to Box - Box would act like I wasn't logged into an account, but then would work without actually logging it. I removed and reinstalled Box, which eliminated the latter problem, but the problem with Helium remains.

When I look at the accounts on my phone, there's no Box account listed, but when I try add an account and select Box, it tells me "Already added sync account", but still no Box account shows up on my device. I can't help but think this is related to the problem with Helium, but I have no idea how to show or remove the Box account from my phone.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Note: Googling "already added sync account" results in just 1 hit - a link to the Box listing on Google Play. But following the link brings me to the main page for Box on Google Play, which doesn't contain that text.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones