• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Broken glass, need replacement advice

Dropped and broke my glass. The LCD screen still works and looks good I just have a giant crack in the bottom left part of the screen. It barely responds to touch. Can I replace just the glass and it be a good working phone again? I can take a pic to show, if that helps.

If the screen is not responding properly, the digitizer is likely broken as well. Just replacing the glass probably won't be enough.

If the screen is not responding properly, the digitizer is likely broken as well. Just replacing the glass probably won't be enough.

Thanks guys. I was afraid of that lol. Well i could spend $130 and fix it myself or spend $150 for my insurance deductible and get a brand new(refurb) phone.

Does anyone know how much LG charges if you send your phone in and have them replace the screen? I read somewhere someone said $105 but id like to be sure before i file a service thing with them.

Since I'm now in this same boat, and trying to decide if the cost and wait for an insurance claim is worth it, does anyone know if a screen/digitizer for the D800, 801, and 803 is the same as a set for the LS980, and VS980? They look the same, but I would like to know for sure.

Back
Top Bottom