• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Broken out rom GPU overclock???

jprosek

Ok after 2 years rooting and modding phones i finally have a question lol. I been working on my friends droid bionic and since there hasn't been an overclocked rom made yet for it i started looking into manual overclock. I found commands that allow me to overclock his gpu as well. So, i started reading and the adreno 220 in these phones are basicaly underclocked 225s and I've read that they can be overclocked to 400mhz (from the factory 266) so my question is will broken out rom allow me to manually overclock my gpu? Or do i even need to because i have also read that in overclocking the cpu the gpu is automatically oc'd? I know its not necessary but I'm always looking for more power ;)

HE HE : ) I TOTALLY feel you there, My computer, phone, PSP, Wireless Router and my car are all hacked, overclocked, tweaked or whatever... I just cant help but mess with stuff. But as to your question I would not see how overclocking the cpu would overclock the gpu. Unless SOMEHOW both the cpu and gpu are both on the same FSB but on different multipliers. Like say the FSB is 200 and the cpu multiplier is 6 to get 1200Mhz and the gpu multiplier is 2 to get 400. Obviously the numbers are gonna be wrong, but that would be the only way I can think of where that would be possible. Now if NOT (which I am assuming is the case), I would DEFINITELY be interested in an option for overclocking the gpu. Like I said, Im the same way, and free performance is free performance.

Yeah but since they're a "system on a chip" its very possibe that the entire chip runs off one clock so if u over clock it your increasing the clock speed of the entire set of processors and probably the fsb as well... which is my question, does it work that way? Or if it dosent will broken out rom let me oc? I know i CAN do it and even how to but but I'm a little ignorant as to how that works exsactly with the snapdragons and i really don't wanna fry my phone ;)

Back