• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root BSydz Jellybean test results

RolaAddict

Android Enthusiast
Apr 26, 2012
Virginia
So I'm going to be testing the 3 new JellyBean ROMs BSydz has come out with.I will put links in the post for the downloads and keep the posted updated as much as I can.I take NO credit for this cause I didn't build or help build any of this.Just providing info on the ROMs to help the people know what is working/not working.

PAC Man ROM

http://www.mediafire.com/?to3z5u55990y25q

This ROM looks totally badass from the start.It starts out smooth but then goes bad.
What works:
Bluetooth and headphones work great.
Texting and calls work fine didn't have any issues.
Wi-fi works and saves passwords
Camera kinda works....there is NO PREVIEW but it does save the picture.But after you take the picture you get can't use camera error.
The stock video player doesn't work but MX Player from the market does just use S/W codec.Apollo music worked good.

What doesn't work:
3G/data
Skype video calling (the person you call will get the loading circle but because there is no preview coming from the camera on this ROM it can't stream the video)
HDMI
Stock video player (Again use MX Player)
Video Recording
FFC Camera
aLogcat won't pull anything on this build

What acts up:
I noticed if you leave the phone in sleep mode for too long when you push the power button to use the phone again you only get a black screen.Had to do battery pull ALOT cause I wasn't using the phone for like 10 minutes or so.(BSydz confirms that this issue is from having Wi-Fi on causing a SOD {sleep of death}.If Wi-fi is off then this shouldn't happen.Will retest it.)
There are some issues with the touch screen at times.
Phone has done a couple random reboots.
Phone screen froze a couple times as well.

This is all for the PAC Man ROM that I have for right now.Any updates I will post.

PA CM10 JB

http://www.mediafire.com/?hurl213rruku56k

What works:
Bluetooth and headphones work great
Phone and texting work
Wi-Fi
Video playback with MX Player works with S/W codec enabled
Rear camera will take picture but if you try to take another one phone reboots

What doesn't work:
3G/Data
Video Recording
Video Playback (Use MX Player from market with S/W Codec)
FFC Camera
Camera preview
HDMI
aLogcat apps don't work
Video chat on Skype and ooVoo won't work (From what I'm seeing the lack of the camera preview is causing this issue.When I was trying to video chat on Skype with this build and PAC man build my friend would get the loading screen for the video but it would never go thru.So Skype knows the camera is there but because camera preview isn't working it can't stream the live shot.)

Weird issues:
I got the SOD (Sleep of death) when I had Wi-Fi enabled and the phone tried to go to sleep.This is according to BSydz.Also a couple times when I had reboot the phone I got stuck at the boot animation.It would do the jellybean thing then screen goes white and it would just loop that.Took a few tries to fix.

Unoffical CM10 JellyBean

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?q4of2pufn95tz9o

So this ROM seemed to be the smoothest of the 3.Didn't have any weird freezes or what not and touch screen worked a little bit better.

What works:
Bluetooth and headphones working great
Phone and texting work
Wi-Fi
Camera will take rear cam pics but after first picture you get an error message
Video playback works with MX Player with S/W codec enabled
Most the apps I used (Words with friends,Skype,ooVoo,KIK) worked

What doesn't work:
3G/data
Video recording
Video playback on stock (use MX Player)
FFC camera
Camera preview
HDMI
aLogcat

Weird stuff of note:
Will get SOD (Sleep of death) when you have Wi-Fi on.Didn't have any random reboots but had to do battery pull when phone went to sleep cause Wi-Fi causes the SOD with these JB ROMs

So final take is the CM10 unoffical is the smoothest of them all but PAC Man is the flashyest of them all.Also like I stated I feel that because camera preview isn't working that is why Skype and ooVoo can't do video calls.The other person gets loading screen from our end which means Skype knows we have the camera for video but that the phone isn't sending the video feed to Skype.Hope this helps.Please hit the thanks button if this helped you out.

Reactions: BSydz
If anyone has anymore info/input please comment.I'm going to try to re-run the ROMs with aLogcat to see what errors I can pull up to help BSydz get EVERYTHING working.So people please keep this thread alive and if you want please help test these ROMs.I know it's a pain but it's worth it if we can get fully working JB on the craporola triumph.With our input and BSydz brains we can do it.

Reactions: BSydz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones