• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bug? 'Couldn't add widget' text on recents overview

nickdalzell

Extreme Android User
2a5ba5208703c08f086e776782a64957.jpg

Notice when in recents overview there is a tiny error 'couldn't add widget' in the upper left? I'm not adding any widgets and those I did add seem to work perfectly fine? Currently on 5.0.2

Have you tried touching it to close it? If yes, just ignore it unless it's very annoying.

I touch the message but it just goes back to the home screen, message remains in recents overview. Started after 5.0.2. Annoying but not a problem as I don't know what it's for. Never heard of widgets in the recents overview so perhaps it's a feature Google thought of adding yet didn't follow through? A placeholder maybe?

I looked online and all the reports with this issue say you disabled the search app. I never disabled the search app. In fact a factory reset and a few app updates is all I've done. Everything seems to work but I'd like to know why this error shows where you wouldn't be able to put a widget in the first place

Back
Top Bottom