• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bugy phone & apps?

Mrohrn

Has anyone else noticed that the phone sometimes bugs-out?
I get the problem in snapchat and sometimes in other apps and places..

is there maybe an app that where you can see comp-ability between app and phone or similar?

Last edited:
Could you describe "the problem" in a bit more detail?

If the Play Store lets you install an app, it *should* be compatible with your device (based on the device manifest provided by the developer).

I've noticed a lag with my tapatalk app, not responding to my finger gestures.

Not really had any issues with buggy apps but then I mostly use the standard Google ones which makes me think that the issues above are with the apps, not the phone.

Kinda strange as Nexus is supposed to be the reference platform for developers .. but I guess most just use their own phones, whatever they may be.

when i say bug(g)y i am referring to that the app freezes the phone and it get stuck for ex amount of seconds, even if you push the power button home button or any other app! it is still slow and not fully responsive..

Funny thing is that this is not any "small" company's apps, but SnapC or FB or whatsapp... where i have a hard time to understand it.. so all the apps are from google playstore..

Im with you siempre tuna, i would also think this would not happen on such a device, but then again im new to android and maybe it is an issue which over lapses in other phones too?

Does seems strange.

As I say, I haven't had these issues but then I don't use the apps you do.

I wonder if it might be something to do with the number of things you have running - I would guess that SnapChat and FB are both apps that are doing lots of things in the background. I know that Android is supposed to manage having lots of apps 'open' but maybe that's not so true with apps that need to be running constantly in the background.

Theoretically speaking, the nexus devices should be the most stable because they are pure android, unless they have a hardware defect... But unfortunately it seems most android apps are not very well optimized in general :(

Back
Top Bottom