• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root C-list crack head

RolaAddict

Android Enthusiast
Apr 26, 2012
Virginia
So I found this guy on C-list today in my area saying he can put a fully working ICS or JB on our Triumph for $35.So I messaged him about it and he came clean on the JB saying its too unstable.He says he can do bi-weekly updates,much like the way the people on the LG Optimus V can get theirs.Going to see if he does have everything working on ICS.If he does I will report back.

Reactions: seanfodonnell
So I found this guy on C-list today in my area saying he can put a fully working ICS or JB on our Triumph for $35.So I messaged him about it and he came clean on the JB saying its too unstable.He says he can do bi-weekly updates,much like the way the people on the LG Optimus V can get theirs.Going to see if he does have everything working on ICS.If he does I will report back.

Well I am glad some one is making money off the Triumph :D maybe he will be so kind and send some donations our way for his "Weekly Updates" LOL!

Upvote 0
My emails from him:

I'm wondering can you really put jelly bean on my Motorola Triumph?Will everything work?
Reply Forward

The Android GuyJelly bean no....ice cream sandwich yes....jelly bean is very unstable for th...
10:01 PM (17 hours ago)
Jelly bean no....ice cream sandwich yes....jelly bean is very unstable for th...

The Android Guy10:01 PM (17 hours ago)

The Android Guy
10:01 PM (17 hours ago)
to me

Jelly bean no....ice cream sandwich yes....jelly bean is very unstable for this device

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

To: <maybrookdon@yahoo.com>;
Subject: Your C-list ad
Sent: Mon, Nov 19, 2012 6:30:00 PM
I'm wondering can you really put jelly bean on my Motorola Triumph?Will everything work?
Reply Forward

Jason EchollsOk So the camera and HDMI works on ics tho right
10:27 PM (17 hours ago)
Ok So the camera and HDMI works on ics tho right

The Android GuyCamera yes, HDMI probably not. Apparently it is a known issue for this handse...
3:28 PM (26 minutes ago)
Camera yes, HDMI probably not. Apparently it is a known issue for this handse...

The Android Guy3:28 PM (26 minutes ago)

The Android Guy
3:28 PM (26 minutes ago)
to me

Camera yes, HDMI probably not. Apparently it is a known issue for this handset, so much so that there is a petition on change.org for Motorola to release the course code. We don't know unless we try......

Upvote 0
Well I am glad some one is making money off the Triumph :D maybe he will be so kind and send some donations our way for his "Weekly Updates" LOL!
Well I think he is on here somewhere maybe.

"Camera yes, HDMI probably not. Apparently it is a known issue for this handset, so much so that there is a petition on change.org for Motorola to release the course code. We don't know unless we try......"

He knows about your petition so my guess is he knows you or is on here

Upvote 0
these people are crazy or are they... i orginialy posted the "how funny is this guy". there's no way some ramdom guy got the cam working. if the mtdevs havent done it there's no way its real.

i recently called to get my uncle a replacement, anyways i start asking the tech guy about the source code for the phone. i asked him since their not building the phone anymore, why not release it and i think their required too by law. he agreed but said all i could do was e-mail virgin and ask. its is up to virgin to release it or motorola? i would think virgin because it's not really a motorola...

keep up the great work MTDEVS!!

ps-- rola im from powhatan, living in ri thats funny

Upvote 0
Virgin has absolutely nothing to do with releasing source, it is a "real" Motorola in that they were the ones who submitted it to the FCC for type approval. And since Google now owns Motorola Mobility god only knows how many levels you will have to go through to even find out where the source code currently resides.

Upvote 0
Virgin has absolutely nothing to do with releasing source, it is a "real" Motorola in that they were the ones who submitted it to the FCC for type approval. And since Google now owns Motorola Mobility god only knows how many levels you will have to go through to even find out where the source code currently resides.

Probably in the same server where all the limbo nexus 4 orders are at :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones