• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Calendar Aps?

Eric-VTX

Jan 17, 2010
MA
Hi,
I recently got a moment, added ATK Advanced Task Killer, Chompsms, and loving it!
But now for some reason my stock calendar when I open goes black and i have to hit menu to see calendar vs. B4 it just went to the month menu? I realy don't care for this ap as is pretty boring? Plus is asking me if i want to sync with gmail and i forgot the other but in any case i don't want to sync and just want to add an appointment.

Is there a better calendar Ap, you all have used and love it? Also is it necesary uninstall ap that you are replacing with?
Thanks,;)

Eric.... Try "Astrid".. it's free from the android market... it can be used separately or integrates well with Google calendar and a few other things. It has a nice widget that can be customized somewhat.. but the app has alot of features and once you play around with it and figure them all out I think you will really like it. It won't replace your regular calendar, but will make it so much more usable.

As far as it starting out black.. that's kinda weird.. go into the settings menu and see what you have set as the default view (you can choose monthly, daily, agenda, etc..). Have you tried the widget for the stock calendar?

Hope that helps :)

Note: make sure that you have the calendar (and anything else you want to stay running) into the "ignore" list of that Advanced Task Manager.. if not the auto kill portion of the task manager may be shutting the calendar down and causing the problem.

Upvote 0
Eric.... Try "Astrid".. it's free from the android market... it can be used separately or integrates well with Google calendar and a few other things. It has a nice widget that can be customized somewhat.. but the app has alot of features and once you play around with it and figure them all out I think you will really like it. It won't replace your regular calendar, but will make it so much more usable.

As far as it starting out black.. that's kinda weird.. go into the settings menu and see what you have set as the default view (you can choose monthly, daily, agenda, etc..). Have you tried the widget for the stock calendar?

Hope that helps :)

Note: make sure that you have the calendar (and anything else you want to stay running) into the "ignore" list of that Advanced Task Manager.. if not the auto kill portion of the task manager may be shutting the calendar down and causing the problem.
Thanks! Is nice to see someone respond to my concerns!
I will check it out, yes it was on my Advance task manager?

Upvote 0
No problem... these forums are all about people helping others... the Moment is a great phone.. out of the box it's pretty plain and doesn't do much... but you can customize it to be whatever you want it to be with Android and all the available apps... and if there isn't one that you're looking for, you can alot of the time get someone to revise one of make one for you.

Check out Samsung Moment Wiki if you haven't already.

Lots of useful info out there depending on how far you want to get into it.. lol :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones