• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calendar Struggles

Greetings Forum. After a 2 year diversion into iphone, (Long story, I had to do it for kids, and wife calendar and some work issues). I'm back to android with a new Note 7 and so far love it and remember most of the reasons I was an android fan.

I am struggling with one issue though, my calendar. I must admit the calendar syncing between, wife, family, kids, sports and subscriptions was really very easy and intuitive. I've struggled converting all of this back to my google calendar. I don't know what all of these extra calendars are for. When I add an event via my Note 7, I have far too many options I have "my calendar" a "samsung calendar (with my gmail in ( ) , underneath), there is "events" and my gmail calendar".

I don't know how all of these work and why I cannot get rid of them. I would like to have a calendar for me that only I see, and a shared calendar for family events. We also have a bunch of subscribed calendars that come from all of the kids various sports teams.

I have read suggestions to eliminate the samsung calendar and use stock google calendar. Another suggestion says don't do this and leave the samsung running in the background. Is there a definitive correct answer to this? I want to know when I add a calendar event, with who and where it is going to sync. Right now I'm adding a subtracting events, syncing and unsyncing via trial and error to attempt to see where things go, when added by phone, vs. added online, vs. added to local or even outlook. (I've decided outlook is useless to me and just want to stick with google calendar).

Any help is appreciated.
thanks
Chris

I finally learned to turn off all the extra calendars, and only use Google Calendar now.

Life is much simpler for me now.

I tried OneView Calendar, and it's an awesome calendar app that expands/contracts in a pinch-zoom fashion, ala Google Photos. It's tied to your Google calendar... and no others (so far). It's in its infancy: no color selection or widget yet, but I like it :)

Back
Top Bottom