• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Calender on PC?

Aidan Bell

I'm not experienced with Google, so this is probably a naive question, but perhaps somebody could help me out?

I want to have calendar and contacts programs on my computer to give me a safety copy of data in the event of losing my phone. Yes, I'm doing regular backups of the whole phone, but I would like to have calendar and contacts separately as well. I'm against the idea of cloud computing and I don't want to use Google if the data exists only in the cloud and not on my own machine. Is there a way to have the Google calendar physically on my computer, or if not is there a third-party program that I can use?

I'm not experienced with Google, so this is probably a naive question, but perhaps somebody could help me out?

I want to have calendar and contacts programs on my computer to give me a safety copy of data in the event of losing my phone. Yes, I'm doing regular backups of the whole phone, but I would like to have calendar and contacts separately as well. I'm against the idea of cloud computing and I don't want to use Google if the data exists only in the cloud and not on my own machine. Is there a way to have the Google calendar physically on my computer, or if not is there a third-party program that I can use?

I think the google toolbar will sync between gmail and outlook.

Back
Top Bottom