• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Call minimizing-->muted mic

Many times when I'm in a call, suddenly I realize that the other person cannot hear me. I then look at the screen to see that my face had been dialing some numbers, or I'm in a wifi spot, or for some other reason the call is minimized and that I have to return to the call via the swipe-down menu at the top. This is pretty irritating as it causes a lot of confusion for the other person in the conversation. Any thoughts? (Sorry if this was posted before).

Thanks,
Andrew

It sounds as if your proximity sensor is bad. When your face is by the phone, the screen should go blank, so nothing happens other than the phone call. (You can't cheek dial on a blank screen.) As soon as you take the phone way from your face (or a second later), the screen comes back.

If it's under warranty, it's covered. If not, it's a cheap repair, but considering the price of the phone ($40 at the moment) it may be cheaper to get a new one.

Back
Top Bottom