• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can anyone share mmcblk0 image from xt1775?

And today I unbrick it.

I use different model(E4 sprint) unbrick file but it work. I share the unbrick file on the last line.

First; you need linux and it not be virtual. Use usb, dvd or setup your computer.
Second; need a sdcard(I use 32gb class10).
Third; open linux and delete all partitons sdcard.
Fourth; extract unbrick img anywhere(I use desktop).
Fifth; open terminal this anywhere(I open on desktop).
Sixth; terminal comands(Attention sdb part you have to learn path of sdcard);
- if your sdcard is seen like ' /dev/sdb'
in terminal apply this command:
Code:
sudo dd bs=4M if=unbrick-xt1766.img.img of=/dev/sdb status=progress oflag=sync

-if your sdcard is seen like ' /dev/mmcblk0p1'
in terminal apply this command:
Code:
sudo dd bs=4M if=unbrick-xt1766.img.img of=/dev/mmcblk0 status=progress oflag=sync

Seventh; Run command and wait file transfer done.
Eighth; plug sdcart to phone
Nineth; press volume down and insert usb cable to pc. You can see fastboot mode is open
Tenth; after use normal installation(You need adb driver and latest stock firmware I use XT1775_OWENS_RETAIL_7.1.1_NPRS26.58-45-12_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml);

fastboot oem fb_mode_set
fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot oem fb_mode_clear
fastboot reboot

I use this topics for unbrick. You can find unbrick.img first link first message.

I already posted these files, we just never had the actual mmcblk0.img for XT1775.. You're just spamming the forum with the same shit I already posted and acting like you've done it 1st.

Also, your image links are for the regular Moto E4 (sperry) and you're posting in a different device section of Moto E4 Plus (owens).. You'll brick someone like this

Screenshot_20190131-200700.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ismail0100
Upvote 0
Sorry my purpose is not 'I solve problem, Im the best etc.'
I write already which I used solve topics.

I know this file is different phone but solve the problem I reach fastboot and write e4plus own software and telephone working now.

OK.. Then I apologize for misunderstanding everything myself. So you're saying that you now have a fully functional Moto E4 Plus with XT1775 FirmWare? If so, you can boot to TWRP with help of PC (not flash) and pull the mmcblk0.img ..when finished, compress it to a .tar.gz file and upload to AndroidFileHost (AFH). From there, I will add your mmcblk0 link to the unbrick post for our E4 Plus thread and give credits for your work and assistance. If you do this, it will Hall many-many ppl and will be happy to express much deserved gratitude and respect for your assistance. Many thanks in advance

Upvote 0
OK.. Then I apologize for misunderstanding everything myself. So you're saying that you now have a fully functional Moto E4 Plus with XT1775 FirmWare? If so, you can boot to TWRP with help of PC (not flash) and pull the mmcblk0.img ..when finished, compress it to a .tar.gz file and upload to AndroidFileHost (AFH). From there, I will add your mmcblk0 link to the unbrick post for our E4 Plus thread and give credits for your work and assistance. If you do this, it will Hall many-many ppl and will be happy to express much deserved gratitude and respect for your assistance. Many thanks in advance
I was use Moto E4's unbrick.img file would it be wrong anything if I took that file? I couldn't try using a sim card because I had to save the imei number on my passport and I didn't do it. How can I sure fully functionally are working? And I do not know exactly how I can get that file from twrp.

Upvote 0
What is blk0? Any thing special about the device it comes from?
Not rooted, stock recovery, etc?

the mmcblk0.img is an image file containing ALL of the device partitions. Beating an image file, all proper perms perfectly retained.. The individual partitions like boot, recovery, and system are just pieces of that mmcblk0. Usually labelled with a 'p##' listing.
(Example: mmcblk0p21 or mmcblk0_p21)

Upvote 0
the mmcblk0.img is an image file containing ALL of the device partitions. Beating an image file, all proper perms perfectly retained.

So you're looking for the whole emmc image.

Assume you want completely stock then, with a blank/clean userdata partition. (At least I wouldn't share my userdata)

Guess I've never seen that used. Normally see partition images and the partition table.

Not sure what permissions would not be preserved with dd of each partition as that's a bit copy of the partition.

But I'm still trying to figure out what Motorola did different on these devices compared to the LG and Nook I know much better.

Upvote 0
So you're looking for the whole emmc image.

Assume you want completely stock then, with a blank/clean userdata partition. (At least I wouldn't share my userdata)

Guess I've never seen that used. Normally see partition images and the partition table.

Not sure what permissions would not be preserved with dd of each partition as that's a bit copy of the partition.

But I'm still trying to figure out what Motorola did different on these devices compared to the LG and Nook I know much better.

Yes. Whole image with Formatted data, preferably.. Should come out to about 15.6GB, which can be further compressed down to 3.4GB using .tar.gz.. (AFH has 4GB file size limit for uploads)

Upvote 0
Yes. Whole image with Formatted data, preferably.. Should come out to about 15.6GB, which can be further compressed down to 3.4GB using .tar.gz.. (AFH has 4GB file size limit for uploads)

Since I'm rooted and TWRP installed I'm not much help. Not keen to wipe data anyway.

BTW, I don't see any reason to put in file in a tar. Just compress it with gzip (though there are better compression algorithms, like LZMA in 7-zip and xz).

Upvote 0
Since I'm rooted and TWRP installed I'm not much help. Not keen to wipe data anyway.

BTW, I don't see any reason to put in file in a tar. Just compress it with gzip (though there are better compression algorithms, like LZMA in 7-zip and xz).

1. You'd need be 100% completely stock anyways (October security patch installed)
2. Wiping data will keep anyone else from getting personal details you'd rather not let them have or put to malicious intent..
3. The .tar.gz compression was what I had found to squeeze the 16GB image file under that 4GB max file size AFH limit I mentioned previously.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones