• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I disable VPN on my phone?

I would like to render VPN connections permanently disabled on my Android device. Or at least be unable to use VPN to use to bypass the Sky parental controls. How could I achieve this.

Quite frankly I don't think you can. Apart from stopping them from installing apps completely, or only let them install apps that you approve. To connect just about all VPN services, you only have to install a VPN app, and maybe login.
I would like to render VPN connections permanently disabled.

I'm sure that's something the Chinese govt would like to do, and so far they can't. And I use a VPN to bypass the Great FireWall of China, but Sky parental controls is similar, in trying to block unsuitable websites.

Last edited:
Oh dear, well I already have the means to block the play store - but in that case I dont think that there is a way to block specific apps from being downloaded is there?

Might be able to filter and block age restricted type apps, like gambling. But VPN apps usually have a suitable for "Everyone" rating.

I know Apple removed all VPN apps from their App Store in China. But that doesn't help you of course.

All depends on how knowledgeable the person is. You can install apps from outside the Play Store, so you might need to lock the Settings too to stop them enabling the option to install from other sources.

Back
Top Bottom