• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can someone help me out?

Kiaton

Lurker
I just noticed my phone wouldn't turn on, so I took out the battery and tried it and the AT&T logo appeared, but then it just went to black and it won't react to anything. Can anyone offer help?

I just noticed my phone wouldn't turn on, so I took out the battery and tried it and the AT&T logo appeared, but then it just went to black and it won't react to anything. Can anyone offer help?
Did you try to put a custom boot animation on it? Mine did the same thing when I did it :argh:
If that's the case, you can delete the boot animation and it'll fix it right up (if you're like me, you'll have to do it through busybox).

If I recall correctly:

1. Run Command Prompt
  2. Type:
adb shell
su
busybox chmod 777 /system/media/bootanimation.zip
busybox rm /system/media/bootanimation.zip
Took me forever to figure that out, since for some reason it wouldn't let me change permissions or remove with ADB directly :s:

If not, though, you can try to do a factory reset (that was the first thing I tried, and all it did was wipe my data :p(I mean, how could it boot with me having messed up the boot animation? :p)):

1. Turn off the phone
  2. Press and hold Volume + and Power buttons
  3. Use the Volume - key to navigate down to "wipe data/factory reset" and hit Power

Hopefully that helps :D

Back
Top Bottom