• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can someone help me with my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-5110

Jovon Mackins

Lurker
Dec 17, 2014
So I first got my device from a family member the other day and started to run into some problems. The device was running pretty good except that when I played games over 10 minutes the device would flicker. It would keep flickering then would turn off. It kept giving me overheating warnings but the device was never hot. I then rooted the device using the PDA named CF-Auto-Root-konawifi-konawifixx-gtn5110 with Odin 3.07 and everything went fine. Though the device would still flicker when it reached 60 degrees C, if I had it on the chargerit would not flicker and everything ran fine. I then(stupidly)installed a .apk file GL Tools and my device turned off completely. When I turned it back on it would display the Samsung GalaxyNote 8 GT-N5110 logo and would stay on that not letting the device boot. I could go into Download mode and Recovery mode but restore to factory didn't work. I then tried to use Odin and root it again to see if that worked(it passed)but didn't work. I then tried again and the device turned off. When it turned back on I had the "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again". I then tried to root again and Odin read FAIL. Not only that, but when I try to charge the device it wont charge, instead the screen keeps blinking very fast and it only lets me go into download mode. I really need help, I don't know what to do. I really would like to keep this tablet if It can even be fixed. Oh and opened the case and took the battery and and put it back in didn't work. Edit: The device will not turn on unless a chargers plugged in. Screen is flickering outrageously. I'm guessing its not charging at all

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones