• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can someone send me their clean build.prop?

DeadDude

Android Enthusiast
I've noticed I can't toggle wifi calling... saw the 'stock rom' here has ril issues related to it being in a different partition...

Long story short, I see I can set my build.prop to look at a specific location for it.

Methinks my pointer is set incorrectly, or I need a good copy.

If anyone just rooted for the first time, PLEASE INSTALL NANDROID ONLINE BACKUP, DOWNLOAD THE PATCH WITHIN IT FOR OUR DEVICE, AND BACK THE WHOLE THING UP.

OR INSTALL CWM RECOVERY AND BACK UP ALL PARTITIONS.

my device may be missing something from my first backup (incomplete unbeknownst to me ATT) made with nandroid online backup WITHOUT patch.

I'm going to try restoring various combinations of backups I made, hoping to get one that fully supports wifi calling and all functions.

Any ideas to fix, I'm all ears.

EDITED because I didnt read before posting

That isn't going to help. The problem isn't that the RIL is on a different partition, the problem is that the RIL is missing completely. Hence you cannot turn WiFi on at all. I am working on it, but it is very slow going. As for CWM being incomplete, no it isn't you just either don't have enough space for your backup (and aren't reading the on-screen prompts), or you are doing an advanced backup and selecting the wrong options. Are there things that don't work on clockworkmod? Yes. Is backup one of them? No. I always test backup first.

I'm sorry if I offended you.

My entire post is speculation.

If you re-read it you'll see my problem is I restored an incomplete nandroid backup made with nandroid online backup before that dev made the partition patch (my non CWM based backup that I used to restore).

Now I'm concerned it has something to do with WiFi Calling on my phone being faulty.

I looked up RIL settings, found build.prop settings pointing to what looks like a non-existing location. Want to check mine against a non-modded one.

My build.prop should be good, as its from immediately after I rooted....

I do not mean CWM is faulty. Nandroid Online Backup is faulty without partition patch for this device. I confused my backups and 'lost' my original CWM made backup. :(

Back
Top Bottom