• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can vibration Intensity be increased?

I'm a new m360 owner with the same question.

Does anyone know if the wristband type (leather or steel) makes a difference?

I've got the leather ...thinking about trying a out a cheap (pebble steel) steel band to see if it improves

If the device fits loose on your arm, the vibration motor will not be as effective. Watch band makes no difference.

If you are able to increase the motor effect by rooting, you will certainly discharge the watch battery more.

Thanks for your comments. Makes sense.
Watch band makes no difference
Just curious - have you had the opportunity to try both and compare?

Part of the reason I ask was a comment I saw in this thread:
coolesnce wrote 12-03-2014, 05:18 PM:
I installed the Moto 360 metal band and now the vibrations vibrates through the whole band so it is much more felt
I'm not making any judgements based on only one comment.... just curious if anyone else has had a chance to compare.

here. let me help.

purchase wrist band #1 from a store that allows returns.

try it out for a day or two.

purchase your option #2.

rinse. repeat.

find out what works best for you,, for your arm, and for your needs.

enjoy the watch.

don't rely just on what you read. we are all different and have different expectations.

/solved

I have had my steel band for a few days. For me I'll say that it made a discernible difference in ability to feel the vibration, but not a big difference. Also for some reason it seems that I can hear the sound of the vibration a little more with the steel band than I did with the leather band.

I also installed "feel the wear" app which allows you to adjust the vibration pattern (example multiple long vibrations instead of one short). That also helps.

I have had my steel band for a few days. For me I'll say that it made a discernible difference in ability to feel the vibration, but not a big difference. Also for some reason it seems that I can hear the sound of the vibration a little more with the steel band than I did with the leather band.

I also installed "feel the wear" app which allows you to adjust the vibration pattern (example multiple long vibrations instead of one short). That also helps.
I am also using "feel the wear" and it made things much better.

I have had both a leather and a stainless band. I stayed with the stainless, there is no difference in feedback. Mine fits snug not in the slightest bit "tight" and I have never missed a vibration. In fact, about 2 months ago (after 9-10 months of extended use) I have found that I now have "ghost" vibrations on my left wrist. Even when I am not wearing it, I will occasionally feel that familiar old buzz on my wrist look over and boom no watch. Additionally, when I hear my phone vibrate (not wearing my M360) damned if I don't feel the vibration on my wrist with the exact pause between when an alert hits the phone to when it hits the watch.
Funny.

I have had both a leather and a stainless band. I stayed with the stainless, there is no difference in feedback. Mine fits snug not in the slightest bit "tight" and I have never missed a vibration. In fact, about 2 months ago (after 9-10 months of extended use) I have found that I now have "ghost" vibrations on my left wrist. Even when I am not wearing it, I will occasionally feel that familiar old buzz on my wrist look over and boom no watch. Additionally, when I hear my phone vibrate (not wearing my M360) damned if I don't feel the vibration on my wrist with the exact pause between when an alert hits the phone to when it hits the watch.
Funny.
That LITERALLY just happened to me. :eek:

I swear I get ghost vibrations in my leg under my pocket (where my phone usually is) a cpl seconds before my phone actually DOES A NOTIFICATION!! Lmao. Like, I'll also pick up my phone for seemingly nothing then my phone starts ringing & vibrating as I'm putting it down. The looks ppl give me at times.. Lol

It might be all in mah heed.

But I swear the MK2 has a more gentle vibe to it. Might be that I am running the leather band right now instead of my stainless from the MK1. Once I get some swappable bands I will report back. Certainly any of the other new adopters please put in your 2 cents.

Ok, I understand.

It'll be interesting to see if others notice a difference in the mk2 vib vs mk1.

I'll also be mildly curious to see if you notice any difference with the steel band, since not everyone agrees on that.

Ok, I understand.

It'll be interesting to see if others notice a difference in the mk2 vib vs mk1.

I'll also be mildly curious to see if you notice any difference with the steel band, since not everyone agrees on that.

Like I said it might be in my head or the simple fact that the leather band fits ever so slightly looser than the stainless.

I don't think I have an opinion on that. They both seem about the same to me.

You have a black leather band correct? Like I said above, it may be in my head. I did get a call this morning (first one I have gotten while wearing the MK2) I felt it for sure. Even thought to myself, "that does not seem to be any less noticeable."

Maybe I was just looking for an excuse to miss a text once and a while.... lol
;)

Like I said it might be ...r the simple fact that the leather band fits ever so slightly looser than the stainless.
;)
Yeah, that might be part of the explanation for me as well.

With leather band, you have to pull it tigher than final tension to get the tang into the hole. So it ends up sitting looser than it was when you pulled it tight. And on top of that, I was nervous about pulling it tight since I was worried about cracking the back at that time.

When I had the band off for changing to steel I took the opportunity to trim the back to be less susceptible to cracking, so wasn't worried about tightness as much. On top of that, I guesstimated wrong and took out one more link than I probably should have, so the band is a hair on the tight side. Haven't gotten around to try adding a link back, but I might.

In another thread I posted a video of the modification to trim the back. The video was taken late at night after a whole day wearing the watch... you can see the red marks on my wrist from the band being a little too tight.

The premium version of Feel The Wear just got even better.

You can set vibrations to repeat until you have viewed the notifications.
Time between repeats can be set between 10 and 60 seconds.
Number of repeats can be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or unlimited.

Along with the custom vib patterns available in the app, these features can pretty much guarantee you won't miss a notification.

Back
Top Bottom