• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can we disable the HomeButton wakeup feature?

Etrit

Lurker
My phone is constantly waking up in my pocket or in my backpack and it is draining my battery insanely fast.
-----I've only used my phone for at most two hours today and the battery got down to 30%!!!!!!!!!!

I'm searching around the 'net but haven't found anything yet.

Has anyone else?

My phone is constantly waking up in my pocket or in my backpack and it is draining my battery insanely fast.
-----I've only used my phone for at most two hours today and the battery got down to 30%!!!!!!!!!!

I'm searching around the 'net but haven't found anything yet.

Has anyone else?
I don't know for sure if there is a way, are you rooted? If you're battery is draining that fast you might want to look into greenify and amplify. Also enable the power saving mode built into touchwiz. I've used my phone multiple times today from 5:30am and I'm just now at 83% and its 1:30.

Install xposed framework, and wanam mod. It is one of the options of many available.
What he said. Just to clarify, there are two different Wanam modules. One of them is Wanam Xposed and the other is Wanam Kit. Wanam Xposed is made for stock Samsung roms and is the one you want. Wanam Kit is for stock android and in my experience causes the Avant's power button to become unresponsive.

Thank ya Viper and Master! I'll look in to Wanam. (my avant is rooted :)

---but, it's my understanding that Avant only has one rom out right now and it's just a stock w/ no bloat..and doesn't fully work.

Is Wanam a full mod or just something I can add to my phone?

Cody, I'm looking into Greenify and will check out Amplify but, I know it is the home button causing the problem.. the screen is on 2/3 times that I take my phone out of my pocket. :(

Back
Top Bottom